Polo shirts are clothing garments that are generally worn for various type of sporting activities. These shirts can be worn for sports that do not require a full kit like bowling, darts, swimming. It is the first choice of people heading out for a sporting activity. They are light in weight thus making it is easier for the players to move with ease. There are varied variety of custom polo shirts available in the market. They are even available in designs that can give competition to personalised shirts.
Tips for choosing the right polo shirt
- Fabric type: The first ever polo shirt was made of cotton, however with time polo shirts are available in more than one versions of fabric. Polo shirts are now available in cotton, polyester, and a blend of both.
- Performance: While selecting polo shirts think about the environment that you are going to use it. Check features like moisture-wicking, anti-odor, etc. Polo shirts made with a blend of cotton and polyester can offer more performance features.
- Colour: Generally the polo shirts are available in single colour. But colour blocking is not necessary you can go for shirts that are made of two or more colours.
Printing techniques used for polo shirts
- Screen printing: One of the most common method of printing polo shirts is screen printing. The design that needs to be printed is first distinguished in different shades and later printed on the fabric.
- Embroidery: It is another technique for printing polo shirts which is widely used. Colourful threads are used for printing. These are mostly used for printing company logos on polo shirts.
- Dye sublimation: Dye sublimation is used for printing polo shirts with full colour textures. They are generally used for printing on light coloured polo shirts. It is best suited on polyester fabric.