Domestic self-consumption consists of producing electricity in our own home through an installation capable of generating energy. Currently, new solutions for domestic self-consumption take advantage of renewable sources, such as the sun. With this technology, we will be able to conveniently use our devices and power plugs (ปลั๊กไฟ which is the term in Thai) from our own generated electricity.
A few years ago, something like this would have sounded like science fiction, but every day we are more prepared to make it happen in a responsible, sustainable, and widespread way.
Therefore, we tell you everything you need to know about home consumption.
How To Get Started In Home Consumption
The recommended way is to carry out a custom project by an authorized installer. In this way, we will make sure that an expert considers everything that is important so that the installation of domestic self-consumption meets our needs.
In this project, the following points will be considered, among others:
- The climatic zone in which we are.
- The orientation of our home and the best places for the installation of domestic self-consumption.
- Our energy consumption and the contracted power we need.
- Storage needs (batteries) and connection to the grid.
- Calculations of how much we can save and how long we will recover the investment in self-consumption.
There are also kits to start ourselves; however, we do not find them recommended. The ideal self-consumption is always personalized based on your own needs.
What Procedures Are Required To Start Home Consumption?
In general, the administrative steps would be:
- Design of the installation, done by the authorized installer.
- Building permit and network connection permit if applicable. The first concerns the city council, the second may not be necessary if we do not add energy to said network.
- Environmental and construction authorizations. The autonomous community is in charge of that, but in some cases, we will be exempt.
- Certification and inspection of the installation. What the installer and the autonomous community do, respectively.
- Registration in the autonomous self-consumption register. Which is usually automatic.